Before attempting any of the below issue resolving steps and in order to make sure that you have the best Airport CEO experience possible, always make sure that you're running the latest version of the game! Perform the following steps to make sure you're running the latest version of Airport CEO:
1. Launch Steam
2. Find Airport CEO in your Steam library
3. Right click "Airport CEO" and press "Properties..." in the pop-out menu
4. Press the "Local files" tab in the "Airport CEO - Properties" window you've just opened
5. Press the "Verify integrity of game files..." button
6. Wait for the Steam client to validate your local Airport CEO files, once verified press the "Close" button to close the window
If a new update of Airport CEO is available, wait for the Steam client to download the new update before launching the game!
This issue is caused by an unhandled change in your computer's grahpics device (GPU) settings and can be easily solved by resetting your computer's display resolution. Perform the following steps to resolve this issue:
1. Open you computer’s display settings and change the resolution to something else than what you currently have applied
2. Change it back to your previous, preferred, resolution setting
3. Launch the game
If this does not resolve your issue, please contact us.
The root cause of this issue has been resolved as of Airport CEO Alpha 31, but for older legacy versions of Airport CEO it can still occur if the game is incorrectly exited, generating a corrupt GameSetting.json file (empty). Perform the following steps to resolve this issue:
1. Locate a file named "GameSetting.json" in your computer's Airport CEO folder
Reference the correct folder path below depending on your computer's operating system:
Windows: C:\Users\YOUR COMPUTER USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Apoapsis Studios\Airport CEO\GameSetting.json
macOS: /Users/YOUR COMPUTER USER NAME/Library/Application Support/Apoapsis Studios/Airport CEO/GameSetting.json
Note that the "YOUR COMPUTER NAME" text must be replaced with your computer's user name
2. Delete "GameSetting.json"
3. Launch the game
Notice: Deleting "GameSetting.json" will reset your saved game settings, these can however be reassigned once you've launched the game after deleting the file!
It is possible that your save directory has been renamed as a result of a game update. Your save files should be located in the following folder:
Windows: C:\Users\YOUR COMPUTER USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Apoapsis Studios\Airport CEO\Saves
macOS: /Users/YOUR COMPUTER USER NAME/Library/Application Support/Apoapsis Studios/Airport CEO/Saves/
If you cannot find your save files, they may have been moved to the following location where they should not be:
macOS: /Users/YOUR COMPUTER USER NAME/Library/Application Support/unity.Apoapsis Studios.Airport CEO/Saves