Known Bugs & Missing Features
Airport CEO is in an Early Access stage and that means that the game is in some aspects untested and lacks important features. In an attempt to avoid players sending in bug reports about stuff that we as developers already know, we have compiled a list of know bugs and missing features for your reference. This is a list of known glitches, bugs or underdeveloped features that we have not had time to fix or not prioritized in regards to other, more pressing, bugs or development tasks that are currently in the development pipeline. In order to avoid duplicate work for bot you and us when bug reporting, please read through the following information before you post any bug you may find.
Current Critical Bugs
We’re currently dealing with three known, more critical, bugs or issues that are impacting a large number of players.
1. The game crashes immediately when I start it and an error.log is generated mentioning an “Access violation” issue
While we’ve yet to uncover the root cause of this issue there is an easy and quick solution which you can apply:
1. Open you computer’s display settings and change the resolution to something else than what you currently have applied
2. Change it back to your old, preferred, resolution setting
3. Launch the game
If this does not solve your issue we’d like to hear of it immediately via support [ a t ] airportceo [ d o t ] com. Please include any error files and a thorough description of the issue.
2. My saves take several minutes to load and my operating system claims that the application is not responding
Long loading times are caused by either a corrupt save or having a very large save file(s).
How to know if you save game is large:
If your collective save files (the .json files) are in excess of 20 MB your save is considered large and may take from five up to ten minutes to load. In some instances, your operating system may claim that the application has stopped responding. This is usually not true, as simply allowing the game to process the load eventually will launch the game. The operating system warning is cast due to a legacy loading procedure that we aim to replace in early 2018.
How to know if you save game is corrupted:
If your save game loads but displays a broken world (blue and green colors) colors and you cannot move the camera, or if your loaded save lacks items that you’ve previously built or persons that you know should be in the airport, your save is most likely corrupted. File a bug report and include all the save files as well as all the requested log files. These are super important as they are crucial for us to determine what’s gone wrong and what actions we need to take to prevent it from occurring again.
In some instances your save game does not load at all after many minutes of waiting, this might also be indicating a corrupt save. To check if the save file is corrupted, open the associated .json files and check its data. If there is no data, or text that look like “0000 0000” your save is corrupted and we again request that you send it in together with the log files.
Corrupt saves are extremely rare but they do occur and we’re super happy for any help and data we can get on this issue.
3. I have a medium sized airport and experience very low FPS at higher speeds
This is not really a bug in the sense of a single entity of bad code but an issue that we are aware of and that exists in a large context. We’re currently dealing with a memory leak that builds over time and is resolved once the game is restarted, this will get fixed in early 2018. We’re also dealing with a performance bottleneck in the path finding system that will also be improved in early 2018.
So get optimal performance with the current build, make sure to build terminals that are open, spacious and easy for persons to navigate through. The more complex paths persons have to calculate the more computing power is required. Also, if you notice the game over time becoming increasingly sluggish, save and reload and you should gain a few more FPS.
These two issues are currently at the top of our list and we will continue to work with performance improvements throughout the entire development cycle.
Run into some troubles that prevents you from doing your CEO duties? Many issues can be solved by saving (under a different name just in case) and re-loading the game. Please send us a bug report of the issue and if possible attached the old save and output_log.txt file so that we can try to fix the bug as soon as possible. See below some common situations and how to solve them:
Aircraft is waiting a long time on the taxiway for other aircraft to pass!
This is due to the current air traffic control system is still fairly basic, meaning there are some limitations to larger complex airports. Try to build more taxiway routes, separate general aviation and commercial as well as arrivals and departures.
An aircraft/Person/Vehicle has deadlocked!
Deadlocks can happen, however intense bug fixing should make this situation extremely rare. If it happens it can be solved using the debug panel (press F10) and click on reset the respective agent paths. If this does not solve the issue, try do a new save (with a new name) and restart the game.
Passengers are not moving, they just stand still!
This is necessarily not a bug as they might not know what to do next. Usually the fall-back activity for passenger is to rest. Place some gate seating, sofas or arm chairs to see if they take a seat. Also remember that passengers need toilets on both the non-secure and secure part of the terminal.
Employees doesn’t seem to find a work position!
Remember that employees cannot walk over grass, you must make sure that there is a viable path to all working stations including cargo bay. Place sidewalks, doors and crosswalks over roads for them if they have to leave the terminal building. Furthermore you must also ensure that zooning is correct, this includes zooning of doors, sidewalk, crosswalks and roads (persons can walk on the small sidewalk on all roads). For Example, if you have a cargo bay in the secure zone but no secure route to get there, your staff will not be able to find a path there. Remember that all secure areas must also be accessed via a security check point.
Baggage is not moving along the conveyor belt!
Baggage is probable the most complex system in Airport CEO and could be a bit hard to get up and running the first time. Always make sure everything is connected. Use Y to display underground baggage and follow all arrows to find any gaps. There should be continuous conveyor belts from the check-in desks to the cargo bay and from cargo bay to the baggage claim area. If you are using tilt trays make sure they are set to To Destination as they will always be diverted correctly depending on each bag’s destination.
How can I tell if my airport is secure?
The principle of Airport CEO is that you define the secure areas using the zoning tool. When it is marked as secure it is defined as a secure part of the terminal, which requires a security checkpoint to enter and security exit to exit. Currently, there are no requirements on enclosing your exterior airport with fence to make it secure, fence is a decorative item for now. The secure system only looks at the terminal, meaning the air side will not be affected.
A Quick Word on Save Integrity
While we will be doing our best to keep your saved airports compatible with future updates, this might not always be possible, especially when transitioning to bigger updates. If we deploy an update of the game that will not be compatible with older saves, or noticeably alter and older save, associated with an earlier version of the game we will make sure to announce this prior to the update. While it is very unlikely that a player who regularly updates the game will have any issues
If you are experiencing an issue with the game that is not mentioned in this list, please head over to the <link> official bug reporting platform and submit your issue.
Please note that there is no prioritization included in this listing and that all bugs and features are being worked at with different prioritization.
- Air traffic control system is still under development. Incursion and collisions may occur on taxiway and runway.
- Pushback process is not finalized (pushback truck and 90 degree turn not implemented)
- Flaps not implemented on all aircraft types.
- More aircrafts and airlines will be implemented over time.
- Route generation mostly random and can generate some strange routes.
- Some tarmac vehicles and services such as catering, honey trucks and more are missing and will be implemented over time.
Structures & Items:
- PAPI lights serve now functionality yet.
- Decorative items have no impact on passenger satisfaction yet.
- More types of items will be implemented over time such as different seating types, self-check in desks, plants, decorative objects and more.
- Utility objects such as electricity and water will be implemented at a later stage.
- The Conveyor Belt system is still very much in its early stages and have some limitations such as crossing overground and underground belts.
- More than one floor is not yet supported.
- Some aspects of multi-terminal is not yet supported.
- Vehicle movement is still rough and will be fine-tuned.
- Vehicle collision avoidance is limited. Vehicles might move through each other and over persons.
- One-way roads are not supported and can cause deadlocks. Should a deadlock occur, use debug panel (F10) to release vehicle nodes.
- Fast forward can cause weird glitchy movement of vehicles and person.
- Random incidents such as accidents and other events are not yet implemented.
- Economy and business simulation aspects are still in early stages and will likely require balancing over time.
- Weather simulation is not fully optimized and some weather states such as fog and more extreme weather is missing.
- Some passenger and employee animations are still rough and will be improved over time.
- Some design aspects of the UI are very rough in terms of flows and how information is presented.
- The management data panel is not yet implemented.
- More advanced UI management features such as graphing and plotting will be implemented at a later stage.
- The available tutorial is still in early stage and does not cover all aspects of Airport CEO.
- The number of procurable products are limited and more will be added over time.
- Flight scheduling is manual per flight. Re-occurring flights will be implemented after initial release.
- There are missing product textures for certain shops.
- Modding aspects are currently limited to adding/modifying businesses and logos.
- Sound effects are limited and somewhat basic.